Here’s a few more tarot bags that I’ve knitted while watching TV this winter. The first picture is of a purplish drawstring bag made from two wool sock yarns mixed. My favorite yarn so far for my tarot cases is the 100% cotton Lily “Sugar ‘n Cream” 4-ply worsted (see the last two pictures – a flecked off-white and striped brown). This brand offers tons of colors and a whole set of “Naturals.” I use size US3 needles instead of the recommended US7 in order to get a tight knit which gives firmness to the bag and makes it feel more like a case. If you have a knitted tarot bag you like, send me a link to your pictures and/or knitting instructions and I’ll post them here.
Click HERE to subscribe to Mary K. Greer's Tarot Blog by Email
≈◊≈◊≈◊≈◊≈Mary K. Greer has made tarot her life work. Check here for reports of goings-on in the world of tarot and cartomancy, articles on the history and practice of tarot, and materials on other cartomancy decks. Sorry, I no longer write reviews. Contact me HERE.
© 2007-2013, Mary K. Greer All material on this site is copyrighted. If you use anything, be sure to include my name and a link back to this site. Thank you.
Donate any amount to keep this ad-free blog growing.
- What Every Newbie Tarot Reader Should Know
- René Schwaller de Lubicz Tarot Deck
- Carl Jung and Tarot
- What every newbie tarot reader should know about the history and myths of tarot
- Yes-No Advice Oracle
- The Visconti Tarots
- Reading the Story in a Picture - Doré's Saltimbanques
- Mlle. Lenormand, the most famous card reader of all time
- Origins of Playing Card Divination
- Three-Card Spreads: The Essentials
- Book/Story/Poetry Reports (47)
- For Beginners (8)
- Golden Dawn Tarot (8)
- Interviews & Conversations (19)
- Knitted Tarot Bags (5)
- Lenormand (10)
- Major Arcana (14)
- Minor Arcana (4)
- Pamela Colman Smith (10)
- Playing Card Divination (17)
- Professional Tarot (12)
- RWS Tarot (17)
- Secrets of the Occult Tarot (3)
- Story in a Picture (13)
- Tarot & Psychology (15)
- Tarot Card Meanings (9)
- Tarot de Marseille (1)
- Tarot Deck Reports (24)
- Tarot Games (7)
- Tarot History & Research (56)
- Tarot Music Videos (12)
- Tarot News & Events (47)
- Tarot Readings (11)
- Tarot Spreads (18)
- Tarot Tips & Techniques (29)
- Thoth Tarot Deck (7)
- Uncategorized (14)
- Video & Audio Tarot (63)
- World Events (8)
- zContests (2)
- zPictures of Cartomancers (13)
- zPolls (2)
- zQuotables (7)
- mkg on Prediction or Insight?
- cerene martin (@CerenateeCerene) on Prediction or Insight?
- mkg on October Tarot Weekend Workshops with Mary K. Greer
- Oldooz on October Tarot Weekend Workshops with Mary K. Greer
- graytarot on Lenormand Playing Card Inserts: Possible Sources
- graytarot on Did the Cathars invent Tarot?