Mary K. Greer is a scholar, writer, teacher and professional tarot consultant. With more than forty years experience in tarot as an author and teacher, she advocates a revolutionary approach to learning and using the cards that emphasizes personal insight and creativity. As an expert tarot reader, she works as a ‘midwife of the soul,’ using techniques that are interactive, transformational and empowering.
Mary is the founder of Tools and Rites of Transformation (T.A.R.O.T.) and is a member of many international tarot organizations. She is a featured speaker at tarot conferences and symposia around the world.
The author of nine books on tarot and a biography of four female magicians, Mary’s latest book is Who Are You in the Tarot? (RedWheel/Weiser, 2011). Her previous book, 21 Ways to Read a Tarot Card (Llewellyn, 2008) won the COVR award for best divination book.
Mary is the proud recipient of the 2007 International Tarot Lifetime Achievement Award and the 2006 Mercury Award from the Mary Redman Foundation for “excellence in communication in the metaphysical field.”
With an M.A. in English literature, Mary was a faculty member and administrator of a college in San Francisco for eleven years. She is an Arch-Priestess/Hierophant in the Fellowship of Isis. As a world traveler, she has lived in Japan, Germany, England, Mexico, six states in the U.S., and currently resides in Northern California.
Contact me here.
Want to know about my life with Tarot? Read this comprehensive interview with me at stevewinick.com/greer.
Tarot Data by Mary K. Greer on other websites
• A Tarot Timeline of the Occult and Divinatory Tarot – here.
• Golden Dawn Glossary (with Chic and Tabatha Cicero) – here.
Text Interviews with Mary K. Greer
• 2010 interview in Learn from the Masters: Top Tips, Tarot Ethics and Must-Reads” (note—you may have trouble accessing it using Firefox).
• 2009 interviewed by Malcolm Muckle at Students-of-Tarot.com – here.
• “Breaking Every Rule: Mary K. Greer’s Life in Tarot” by Steve Winick – here.
• Interviewed by Arwen at her “Musings on the Tarot” blog – here.
• “Discussion with Mary K. Greer: Taking on Tarot’s Top Controversies” by Melanie Harris for the American Tarot Association’s May 2008 issue of Tarot Reflections – here.
• Interviewed (with Rachel Pollack) at Gateway to Tarot by Bonnie Cehovet – here.
• Interviewed at Tarot Reflections by Valerie Sim – here.
• Newspaper article: ‘Midwife of the Soul’ helps using tarot cards in The Union by Suzie Daggett – here.
• Interviewed at TarotPassages by Diane Wilkes – here.
• Interviewed by Greyhound in The Seeker’s Journey – here.
• Interviewed at Aeclectic.com by Bonnie Cehovet – here.
• “Behind the Scenes” interviewed by Stephen D. Winick in Tarot World Magazine (Vol. 1, No. 1)
Podcasts & Radio with Mary K. Greer
• 2010 podcast of Mary Greer and Anne Hill on Dream Talk Radio – talking about tarot and dreams.
• 2010 podcast of Mary Greer and T. Thorn Coyle on the magickal element of Water. We talk about water, Tarot, cups, boundaries, depth, flow, and the Magician vs the Priestess. Interview on Tarot-to-Go: “Cartomancers” – here.
• Interview on “Explore your Spirit with Kala” – here.
• Blog Talk Radio – Beyond Worlds with Dawn and Donnaleigh – here.
• Interview by Paul O’Brien for Pathways Radio – here.
• Tarot-to-Go, Episode 8 – here.
• The Tarot Connection, Episode 98: “Cold Reading with Mary Greer” – here.
Excerpts from Women of the Golden Dawn—
at Boudicca’s Bard – here.
Was digging through some old boxes and found a few more old photos:
This was my great-grandmother, Alice Southers Strehle, in Gretna, Louisiana in 1912. She had the “sight,” knew some voodoo, and read cards and tea leaves for whoever needed her help. On the right is my great-grandmother, grandmother and mother in 1919 in front of my grandparent’s house across from the Davy Crockett Firehouse in Gretna (oldest volunteer fire department in the U.S.):
Following_is_the_same house in 1976 (left) and again in 2009 (right).
Here_are_some_pictures of me.